Reducing Healthcare Costs, Errors, & Complaints
Healthcare Reform means reducing your costs. So, how do you reduce costs and still reduce errors and complaints?
The answer is to empower your managers with The MAP™ (Managing Accountable Performance™) to implement accountability with every employee for quality, service, and cost-control.
For as little as $15* per employee, The MAP enables you to:
- Establish standards and goals for every healthcare employee in quality, service, and costs
- Cascade and integrate goals and standards throughout your organization
- Empower your managers with professional performance management skills and practices
- Implement the healthcare checklist revolution within your organization
The MAP addresses these faults of healthcare goal-setting programs
- Why goal-setting by itself fails to establish accountability and may lead to a rate-busting mentality
- Why paying for external coaches loaded with jargon creates dependency, not accountability
- Why SMART Goals don’t specify what behaviors employees are actually accountable for
- Why healthcare professionals end up managing their managers
The MAP develops accountable-performance management skills
- Provide managers with the tools to analyze the causes of quality and cost problems
- Enable managers to collaboratively develop checklists of behavioral standards with employees
- Document behavioral accountability for critical incidents, and prevent their reoccurrence
- Implement four ways to SPOT Coach™ to behavioral standards in daily rounds
- Observe and monitor employees in-depth using checklists of behavioral standards
- Conduct collaborative employee performance improvement sessions
- Facilitate team meetings to continuously improve quality, service, and cost-control standards
* Developed by an Organizational Behavior Psychologist, The MAP program includes
- A customizable workshop for managers to create an accountability plan for their employees
- Sample performance goals and behavioral standards for physicians, radiology, pharmacy, critical care, ED, IT, EMRs, birth centers, home health, integrative medicine, patients, and more.
- Sample checklists of healthcare behavior standards and behavior observation forms
- Critical Incident Reports and other performance improvement documentation
- Hundreds of healthcare best practices to improve quality, service, and cost-control
- Workshop facilitation, train-the-trainer, on-site consultation, and program customization
Customer Focus is a leader in setting world-class service, quality, and cost standards.
Click Here for a Brochure on Reducing Healthcare Costs, Errors, and Complaints.